It is becoming increasingly difficult to set up development projects designed to ensure or secure the success of a company in the medium term. According to TMG's assessment, the future will belong to companies that know how to employ the R&D lever in such a way that their innovative capabilities are turned into a sustained competitive advantage.
TMG INSIGHTS Issue 18 published: „Key lever R&D – Ensuring sustained competitiveness”
The R&D departments of manufacturing companies are currently coming under pressure in several areas at once:
- New products must be developed and launched in ever shorter cycles
- Customer requirements are becoming increasingly sophisticated and must be served more and more individually
- Effectiveness and efficiency in development leave much to be desired in many companies and must be significantly improved in order to survive in the increasingly fierce global competition for innovation
- New technologies – such as industrial 3D printing – offer developers completely new design options and the opportunity to tap significant cost and time benefits
- Product development process (PEP) models are often far too complicated and overcharged to really work profitably
- In many development projects it is not possible to provide the necessary human resources to meet the demands.
The authors of the current TMG INSIGHTS provide readers with assessments, solutions and recommendations on these and other challenges in R&D that have already proven successful in customer projects on several occasions.
Here you can download the complete table of contents.
You can request a printed copy or a complete PDF free of charge.
Abbildung 2: Führungssysteme im Vergleich